I wanted to give some love back to all of you who have been commenting my YouTube videos and getting… crickets.
Truth is: YouTube comments are just one of the many things that got cut when prioritizing to move this ship forwards.
BUT I do read them and appreciate anyone who takes the time!
So I thought it would be fun to give back a little and do a lightning round Q&A session answering your questions.
In this first of potentially many YouTube Comments Knowledge Bombs, let's talk about:
- Speaker Size: 8 inch vs 5 inch woofer in a small room?
- Listening Position: Finding the low end sweet spot
- One vs Two Subwoofers: Theory vs Practice
- Panel Placement: Air gap vs filling the whole corner
- Room Size: Is 2m x 4m x 2.5m too small?
- Listener Position: The 38% "rule"
- Measurements: What microphone do I use?
- Speaker calibration (room correction) software: Benefits & compromises
- Speaker Placement: Does SBIR (Speaker Boundary Interference) matter in practice?
WATCH FREE WORKSHOP
THE PHANTOM SPEAKER TEST
"How to correctly place your listening position and speakers, no matter what room you're in."
- Find the correct wall to face in your home studio
- Optimize the low end and minimize reflection effects
- Get the distance between wall and speakers right
- Get a stereo image like on really good headphones
You’ll also get my weekly no-nonsense acoustics breakdowns, blog updates, and occasional product offers.