You know what? Podcasts are great.
It’s insanely fun to do them (especially if you’re the one being interviewed 😛), and you get to share A TON of great information in a really short amount of time.
This time around I got to speak with Mike Indovina on his MasterYourMix.com podcast, along side such great previous guests as Sylvia Massy, Nick Raskulinecz and David Bottrill.
I think you’re going to get a lot out of this one!
What You’ll Find In This Episode
Setting up a new room:
- What is the first thing you should do?
- How do you find the best spot for your desk/monitors?
- Why facing the short side won’t always give you the best sound.
Updates on the Bass Hunter Technique, like:
- What’s the right volume for the test?
- How does the sound change when you take your speaker out of the corner and set it up properly?
- Put diffusion or absorption on your left and right walls?
- Why you should think of reflection areas and not just points, and how to find them.
Airgaps behind your absorbers:
- Do you need them?
- How do you use them?
- One important rule of thumb to maximize your use of air gaps.
- Should you get a subwoofer if your not hearing enough bass in your room?
- How to place your subwoofer using just your hearing.
- Why we can localize subwoofers and why it has nothing to do with omnidirectional sound.
- Can your speaker be too big for your room?
- What size speaker is right for your room and why it has nothing to do with “overloading“ the room.
- Why setting up your speakers at a certain distance from the front wall doesn’t matter, and what you should focus on instead.